Saturday, July 5, 2014

Easy Great Gluten Free Pound Cake



I made a gluten free pound cake with lots of toppings for the Fourth. Steve doesn't mind eating gluten free at all, he'll eat anything, but sometimes I think my kids wish I would cook normal. This cake was very good just a bit drier than my normal pound cake but I plan to tweek it some in the future to make it a little moister.

I have used 1-2-3 mixes in the past and have always loved them so when there mixes were featured on Zuilily I bought several gluten free, sugar free pound cake mixes. I made this one low sugar and I was not disappointed at all with the taste I achieved and with ice cream, strawberries and blueberry compote for topping I thought it was wonderful. We ate half the cake and I froze the rest just so I would eat it all!

Here's the mix and then the recipe of what I added.

Easy Great Gluten Free Pound Cake

Ingredients:

1 123 Gluten Free Delightfully Gratifying Poundcake Mix Hint of Lemon -- 38.72 oz
2-2/3 cup sugar (you can use Stevia or some other sweetener)
5 large eggs at room temperature
1-1/2 cups unsalted butter softened but not at room temperature
3/4 cup orange juice or your favorite citrus-flavored soda

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 F. Generously grease a 12-cup bundt pan or 2 large loaf pans.

Cream butter well then add sugar and mix well. Then add cake mix and eggs, mix well. Add liquid and mix until thoroughly blended. Beat about 3 minutes.

Pour into prepared pan or pans.

Bake for 1-1/4 hours for bundt pan and approximately 1 hour for loaf pans.

Cool 5 minutes in pan then invert onto serving platter and cool.

Dust with powdered sugar, cut and serve with your favorite toppings. 

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: