Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Deer Steak and Gravy

Today I've had a headache day, I wanted to use some of my deer tenderloin but didn't feel that I could make Bambi Bites. We decided to make some type of steak and gravy to eat over rice but I didn't have a lot of time by the time we made up our minds.

I made this gluten free by using all gluten free ingredients. 

Here's what I did and it turned out great.

Deer Steak and Gravy

Ingredients:

1 pound of tenderized deer tenderloins
2 TBLS Olive Oil
1 Med Sweet Onion, sliced
1 can Progresso Cream of Mushroom sou[
1 to 2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 TBLS granulated Ham soup stock
3 TBLS Brown Gravy Mix
1/2 cup water

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the soup, brown gravy mix, ham granulas and water well. Set aside.

Heat a cast iron skillet with Olive Oil until very hot and sear each side of the deer steak in small batches. Lay on a plate and sprinkle lightly with cayenne pepper. Repeat procedure until all deer is brown.

Return deer to skillet, layer onion over the top and pour soup mixture over all. Place in the preheated oven and bake covered if possible for 1 hour, watching closely and adding more liquid if needed.

Eat over rice or egg noodles.

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!


No comments: