Friday, August 12, 2016

Gltuen Free Southern Tomato Gravy

I grew up eating Tomato gravy, my mom made the best gravy and homemade biscuits. Most of the time when she made it we called a few friends who loved it and invited them over. I remember sitting around the table in my Mom's kitchen with friends and family eating Tomato gravy, biscuits and some times bacon. Those were the good old days.

I had some tomatoes left over from my son's garden that needed using, I've watched those tomatoes for days thinking, can I pull this off? This morning I felt motivated so I made Southern Tomato Gravy gluten free.

It was very good and I will be making it again!

Gluten Free Southern Tomato Gravy

 Ingredients:

2 Tbsp oil, bacon grease if you have it
2 Tbsp gluten free flour
1 large can diced tomatoes (or a pint of fresh canned tomatoes)
salt and pepper to taste
biscuits

Directions:

Add 2 tbsp of the oil or bacon grease to a iron skillet and add flour to it.

Cook on medium low heat, stirring constantly, until the flour has turned a pretty caramel color.

Add tomatoes, juice and all to the flour mixture and stir until smooth.

If still too thick add water. 

Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serve over hot biscuits or toast.

Thanks for stopping by y'all please come again soon!
The Best in Utensils and Gadgets

No comments: