Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I wish just lettuce would be so good!

We have been trying to watch what we eat lately and sometimes we have had just lettuce as Honey would say. I'll ask what he wants for a meal and he'll say, 'just lettuce that's all" translated, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sweet peppers, some type of meat, eggs, cheese and dressing. If I actually set him down to a plate of lettuce he's probably have a stroke. So I'm saying all of this to say my just lettuce meals are not something I want to post as a recipe.

I did have company last week and made something new but when I thought about taking a photo it was all gone. I'll have to remake and post it at a latter date.

For now I want to post a recipe that I posted back in December of 2011! If you're looking for something healthy this is not your recipe. I wish just lettuce would be so good!

Gluten Free Butterfinger Cake 
1 box Betty Crocker German Chocolate GF cake mix, plus ingredients to make the cake
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar Smucker's caramel ice cream topping
1 (8oz) tub Cool-Whip
4 regular sized Butterfinger candy bars, crushed

Bake cake according to direction on the package.

While cake is baking, mix milk and caramel topping until well blended. When the cake is done and while it's still hot, poke holes in it with a fork or straw. Pour milk mixture over the cake. Allow cake to cool completely.

Sprinkle two candy bars over cake. Spread Cool Whip over the top, then sprinkle the remaining candy bars on tip. Chill.

Thanks for stopping by y'all please come again soon!

 

No comments: