- 3/4 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or splenda if you prefer
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 small shallot or onion, finely diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad ingredients together. Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss to coat all the ingredients with the sauce. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Right before serving, give the salad another good toss to recombine any dressing that may have settled at the bottom.