Sugar Free Apple Pie
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hrs 5 mins
- Servings: 8
About This RecipeWhile deciding what to bake for Thanksgiving I always ask the family what they want. Honey's favorite pie is apple so of course he asked for one. I looked at several apple pie recipes I had on hand but found this one at food.com and decided that I wanted to try it.
It was sugar free but NOT gluten free so I asked Honey to be honest and let me know what he thought. Obviously he bragged on it a lot because my Dad came in for a piece to see what Honey was talking about.
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 5 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 golden delicious apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) packages of pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- Prepare piecrusts according to package directions, fit 1 piecrust into 9 inch pie plate.
- Stir together Splenda, flour cinnamon mixture.
- Stir and coat apples with flour sugar mixture, pour into pie plate, dot with pieces of butter.
- Place remaining pie crust on top, crimp edges and make slits in top crust or pierce evenly with a fork to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings.
I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving we sure did!
Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!