Thursday, November 21, 2013

Crust-less Sweet Potato Pie

I love the crust-less coconut pie (recipe found HERE) and so when I saw this recipe I was excited about trying it. I think I'm a fan of crust-less pies because my gluten free pie crust are always so ugly. I do not make dessert except for special occasions so I guess I don't have enough practice.

It turned out great the problem is knowing when to stop eating!

Crust-less Sweet Potato Pie

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 cup cooked mashed  sweet potato (about 1 large sweet potato)
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup full-fat, canned evaporated milk
¼ cup all purpose gf flour, sifted ( you can also substitute this for regular all purpose flour)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease pie plate and set aside.

Boil Potato until a fork inserts easily. Cool and peel.

In large bowl, beat eggs slightly and then mix in remaining ingredients.

Pour filling into pie plate.

Bake 15 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake until knife or toothpick comes out clean, about 45 minutes longer.

Top with whipped cream or eat alone. 

ENJOY

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: