One Pot Sausage Skillet Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounces elbows pasta
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken brown, tomatoes, milk and pasta; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.