Monday, April 9, 2018

Gluten Free Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

Umm I love Poppy Seed Chicken and the last time I made it gluten free I was not crazy about it but this time it was great! I was hoping to have enough to freeze some for later, NOT we ate all but a small helping which I had the next day for lunch.

Gluten Free Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

  • 3 to 4 large chicken breasts (I use 2 large boneless)
  • 1 carton of cream of chicken condensed soup (I use Pacific Organic Cream Of Chicken Condensed Soup)
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • 2 tablespoon poppyseeds
  • ¾ sleeve of GF crackers (I use Lance Gluten Free Original Crackers and estimate the amount)
  • ¼ tsp crushed garlic
  • ½ stick butter, melted
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Simmer chicken breasts in water until no longer pink (about 15 minutes).
  3. Cool and chop chicken.
  4. Combine sour cream, soup, garlic, 1 TBS Poppyseed and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
  5. Add chicken to mixture.
  6. Pour into buttered 9X13 casserole dish.
  7. Crush crackers and mix well with melted butter, place over top of casserole.
  8. Sprinkle with leftover poppy seeds.
  9. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Serve over white rice if desired.
Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: