Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Salmon with a Yellow Pepper Jelly Glaze


Let's get something straight I don't claim to be a chef but I enjoy cooking. The only one who I want to sell my cooking too is my family. If they like it then I'm happy.

Yesterday I was wanting salmon, I went to the freezer to get some out and on the way thought about Honey doesn't like salmon, except at "Hometown" and they have quit serving it there. But I wanted it so bad and since I had never cooked it for Honey I decided to get some out and give it a try.

While the salmon was thawing I thought of a dozen ways to prepare it then while reading my twitter I ran across this "Quick and easy salmon recipes". I took that as a sign I was on the right track. Honey loved it by the way and that made me smile!

So if you're interested here is how I prepared my salmon. I didn't measure the ingredients so I am telling you what I think I used, adjust to your own taste.


 
 Salmon with a Yellow Pepper Jelly Glaze
  • 2 salmon steaks
  • 1 large yellow bell pepper
  • 1/3 cup chicken broth
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • 1 tbsp. jelly of your choice (I used Muscadine Jelly)
  • 1 tsp. cornstarch
  • salt and pepper to taste
Spray a non-stick frying pan with butter flavored Crisco non-stick spray. Pan fry salmon 4 to 5 minutes on each side. While cooking cut up 1 large yellow bell pepper into strips. When you can flake the salmon with a fork set to the side. Add 1 tablespoon of real butter to fry pan when melted add bell peppers let cook while you mix 1 teaspoon of corn starch, 1/3 cup of chicken broth or stock and jelly. Add mixture to pan and cook on low just until starts to thicken. Add salmon steak back to the pan and let simmer on low until hot through and through.  I paired it with a mix vegetable, brown rice medley. Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Just happened upon your blog. That looks SO DELICIOUS! You've created a craving!