Saturday, November 30, 2013

Steve's Favorite Sugar Free Apple Pie

Sugar Free Apple Pie

  • Prep Time: 15 mins
  • Total Time: 1 hrs 5 mins
  • Servings: 8

About This Recipe

While deciding what to bake for Thanksgiving I always ask the family what they want. Honey's favorite pie is apple so of course he asked for one. I looked at several apple pie recipes I had on hand but found this one at food.com and decided that I wanted to try it.

It was sugar free but NOT gluten free so I asked Honey to be honest and let me know what he thought. Obviously he bragged on it a lot because my Dad came in for a piece to see what Honey was talking about.

Ingredients

    • 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
    • 1 tablespoon flour
    • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
    • 5 granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
    • 1 golden delicious apple, peeled and sliced
    • 1 tablespoon butter, cut up
    • 1 (15 ounce) packages of pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts

Directions

  1. Prepare piecrusts according to package directions, fit 1 piecrust into 9 inch pie plate.
  2. Stir together Splenda, flour cinnamon mixture.
  3. Stir and coat apples with flour sugar mixture, pour into pie plate, dot with pieces of butter.
  4. Place remaining pie crust on top, crimp edges and make slits in top crust or pierce evenly with a fork to allow steam to escape during baking.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
  6. Makes 8 servings.
So since going sugar free this will be our new apple pie recipe and maybe next time I'll use a gluten free pie crust and cornstarch in place of flour so I can try it.
I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving we sure did!
Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

 

No comments: