I had never heard of this until a friend mentioned making some during the holidays. It sounded so yummy I had to make it myself. When I gave my grand-daughter a bite she said, "that is the yummiest thing I have ever tasted".
I think everyone enjoyed it but let me tell you it was so rich that a little bit will do ya!
Gluten Free Chocolate Creme Sandwich Cookie Fudge
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff (roughly half of a 7 ounce jar)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarse Chocolate Creme Sandwich cookie crumbs*
- 1/2 cup chopped Chocolate Creme Sandwich cookie pieces*
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large heavy-bottom saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring until everything is smooth and the butter has melted. Once it's at a rolling boil, cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. After 5 minutes add vanilla and stir in.
- In a large mixing bowl combine chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff and cookie crumbs.
- Pour boiling mixture over items in mixing bowl. Stir until melted then pour in your prepared pan. Quickly add the chopped cookie pieces on top and gently push them into the fudge to stick. Let cool until firm. Cut into pieces.