Saturday, November 21, 2009

Gluten-Free Life as a Grandmother,

Steve's been out of town the last few days, he's trying to wrap up his work in the Delta. Thursday night we used Steve's ticket for Austin and went to the basketball game. Can you believe that she has to have a ticket? I mean really all she does is lay in our lap and sleep! Everyone gets a kick out of her being able to sleep through my screaming over her head. I try to hold it back and not scream too loud I mean I don't want her to have hearing problems! We are excited about this year and our adventure with basketball! GO DAWGS


Does life ever slow down? I guess only when you are dead! We have been in the road everyday for weeks now. I honestly can't remember a day when I have had no where to go. Since Steve has been gone I've been spending the night with Ben and Ashia. I feel like such an intruder but last night Ashia bribed me to stay so I guess I'm a wanted intruder. I help with Austin in the mornings but they take care of her all night. She is becoming such a big girl and is sleeping much better at night although she has not been wanting to sleep during the day!


I just talked to Mary, her last appointment the Doctor said that we would have a baby around the second week of December. She is becoming increasingly more uncomfortable and is thinking a baby sooner than that would be ok. We'll see what the Doctor says next week. If nothing changes the  baby will be named, drum roll please, Joshua William!!!!!

I've been taking request from the family on what they want to eat for Thanksgiving. Here is the latest request.....

Chocolate Pie
Servings: 8 Category: Dessert
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Cuisine: American
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Rating:

Ingredients:
2 eggs; separated and save the whites
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 cups cream or milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp butter

Instructions:
In a sauce pan, combine egg yolks, sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and cream. Stir well. Cook over low heat until it thickens. Add vanilla and butter. Stir until butter is melted and mixed well. Pour into baked pie crust.
Meringue:
2 egg whites, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla. Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beat until well blended. Pour on top of pie and brown under oven broiler.

To make gluten-free I always use Gluten-Free Pantry's "Perfect Pie Crust Mix". This mix can be bought in your local Kroger!

No comments: