Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Easiest Spaghetti with Meatballs I've ever made!

 I love to keep a few things on hand for an easy quick meal. We were working on end of the year books recently and when it was time to cook super I was tired. I knew it would be like this so earlier that day I had taken a package of pre-made chicken and turkey meatballs out of the freezer.  I ran across these at Wal-mart and they sounded good plus and this is a BIG PLUS for me, they are gluten free so even though they were a little costly I bought some thinking of the many things I could use them for.

Well on this night I decided to make my special spaghetti sauce (listed below) and simmer the meatballs in it for spaghetti and meatballs.

When I went to take my ingredients out of the pantry I was missing a few, man was I disappointed until I realized that I had also bought a gluten free pasta sauce a while back at Big Lots. Sooo I took it out and emptied it in a pan, added some spices of my own brought it to a boil and then turned on low, added my meatballs and ta da I had my sauce ready. Can it get any easier than that?

After cooking a few vegetables and the noodles (gluten and gluten free) I had a nice meal. Both Honey and I liked it. I will be buying the meatballs again and hey I may come up with something new like maybe a meatball sandwich. Yummm


By the way our local Big Lots has a lot of gluten free foods so check your out it may too!


Spaghetti Sauce
Servings: 8

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef; cooked and drained
1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
1 6-oz. can tomato paste
1 6-oz. can tomato juice; for thinner sauce
½ TBLS dried parsley
1 tsp. dried basil
¾ tsp. dried rosemary
1 bay leave
½ tsp. dried oregano
¼ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. salt

Instructions:
Combine all these ingredients in a large slow cooker; mix well. Cook on medium-low heat all day, stirring occasionally.

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: