Ahhh, your kitchen will smell so good and your husband will have a smile on his face. The meal was wonderful and I can't wait to share it with you!
The recipes were inspired from pinterest I was looking on there and thinking what if you added this and did it this way oh man it was a hit. I am watching the NCAA Tournament as I write this and I HAVE SCORED!
Fresh Cream Corn Casserole
• 1 cup low fat sour cream (or plain low fat yogurt)
• 2 egg
• 2 oz. low fat cream cheese ( I may increase this next time)
• 1 pkg. fresh cream corn from freezer
• 1 -1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill corn bread mix
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 1 tsp sugar substitute OR 1 tsp sugar (more or less to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Mix sour cream, eggs and cream cheese well in large bowl.
3. Stir in freezer corn, corn bread mix, and seasonings. Stir until everything is well combined.
4. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and middle is set.
Pork Chops with Apples and Peach Sauce
• 6 bone-in pork chops (loin or shoulder), cut like you like
• Coarse salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 3 cup(s) fried apple slices (I had these in my freezer)
• Oxford Falls Three Pepper Peach Sauce to taste
• 1 cup chicken broth
1. Trim the chops of excess fat. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat a 14-inch cast-iron skillet (if you have a smaller one, you'll need to work in batches) over high heat, and then swirl in the olive oil. Lay in the pork chops and don't move them for a few minutes, to assure a good golden sear forms. Turn and brown well on the second side for a total of about 10 minutes. Transfer the chops to a warm plate.
2. Swirl the butter into the pan. Add the apples stir in spices and other liquid and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and return chops to the pan covering with the apple mixture.
3. Cook until the pork is tender, about 15 more minutes (depending on the size of the chops). Serve the chops with a large spoonful of the apple-peach mixture over the top.
I hope you enjoy at least one of these recipes!
Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!
Opt Outside with Pact Organic
2 hours ago