Friday night I decided to make a meal in one and what better thing than a Mexican Casserole. It turned out wonderful and this is what I did!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) jar taco sauce
- 1/4 cup salsa (pick the amount of heat you want
- 1 TBLS GF taco seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 9 ounces shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef until good and brown. Drain any excess fat. Mix in the diced tomato, taco sauce, salsa, and taco seasoning and salt to taste. Stir mixture thoroughly, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Spread 1/3 of the meat mixture on the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan. Spread some refried beans onto each corn tortilla. Place on top of meat mixture, bean side down. Cut the tortillas to fit the pan and cover the meat mixture, if necessary.
4. Sprinkle with some cheese, top with 1/3 meat mixture. Repeat layer of bean smothered corn tortillas.
5. Top with remaining meat mixture and cheese.
6. Cover with foil & bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Remove foil & broil until cheese is bubbling & brown. Top with your favorite toppings, like lettuce, sour cream, salsa, tomatoes, onion greens, black olives, etc.
Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!