Saturday, January 4, 2014

Southern Pralines

During the Christmas holidays while looking for a quick recipe to make for a Sunday School Christmas party I ran across this and I LOVE Pralines so I decided to give it a try.

As I get older it seems my hands get slower they were great but looked like I didn't get them out of the boiler fast enough. Maybe next time Honey would help me scoop them out?

Southern Pralines

Ingredients
  • 2 cups of granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups pecans
Instructions

Combine first 5 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; mix well. Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves; cook until mixture reaches soft ball stage (232 degrees). Remove from heat; add vanilla and beat until creamy. Stir in pecans. Drop from a spoon onto waxed paper; let stand until firm.

Makes about 1-1/2 to 3 dozen, depending on how large you make 'em!

The original recipe was taken from Deep South Dish

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!



No comments: