This will be a great bread to keep on hand during the holidays. It would also make a great bread for gift giving, you could leave the glaze off if you desire.
Of course I cook gluten free but if you use a regular banana bread mix you could also make it full of gluten.
Gluten Free Banana Split Bread with Almond Glaze
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Grease generously 8 x 4 or 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and sprinkle with GF flour. Add water to reserved pineapple juice to make 3/4 cup.
- Combine bread mix, eggs, oil, pineapple, cherries, chocolate chips, pecans and reserved pineapple juice in large bowl. Stir 50 to 75 strokes with spoon until moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whip the sugar, milk, and flavoring. Spread or drizzle onto warm bread.
- Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!