Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Nerves of steel...and Gluten-free clam chowder

Recently Honey and Be went to the Delta on business and I spent the day with Ash and Punkin. Punkin is growing up too fast and is more fun everyday. Here are some photos of her playing on her play-mat. I cherish the moments spent with her.




When deciding on what to cook for supper Ashia wanted soup and I suggested that we try a Clam Chowder recipe that I had from another blog. We printed it and changed some of it just because Steve is allergic to onions and we weren't in the mood for some of the ingredients. I have to admit the closer it came to time to make it I was afraid that we wouldn't like our recipe. Well, we persevered and made it and it was WONDERFUL, even our men liked it. So here is our version, it is supper easy and GREAT!!!!


Creamy Clam Chowder

1 cup clam juice
2 cups FINELY diced potatoes
1 (6-10 oz.) can minced clams WITH juice
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
**1-2 tablespoons cornstarch

Add the cornstarch to a bit of the clam juice and set aside. Add all other ingredients to a large pot and the add cornstarch mixture. Cook slow until potatoes are tender.

Makes 4 large servings.


You should know by now I am an avid basketball fan! I could watch basketball all day 24-hours a day and I don't care who is playing or where. Our Dawgs have won their last three games and considering they have been conference games this is a BIG THING. If you have an opportunity watch a SEC game, the defense is awesome. I am a die hard fan and State could loose every game and I would still support them! I don't understand people who only go for the winning team, I mean how can they do that? What has happened to loyalty or commitment? I have to admit to attend any college basketball game you need to have nerves of steel. Here a few photos of our last game...

Before the game we went to one of our many favorite places to eat Harveys! I have no problems eating there. I have told them of my gluten problem and three times the chef has came out and met with me. After asking about many dishes I know exactly what I can eat so now I just go in and order but still remind them of my problem so if by chance a recipe has changed. Thank you Harveys for making your restaurant a safe place to eat.

No comments: