Monday, March 14, 2011

Some of the old with some of the new.

Recently I have started to eat something that I use to eat when living in Guatemala. In Guate it was much better because I had fresh fruit all the time. Here I do not have as much access to fresh fruit so it's just not exactly the same. While I was in Colorado visiting my daughter I picked up a bag of my favorite granola, listed at the bottom of this page, just click on the photo or link to buy.

To make this I cut up whatever fruit I have on hand, add enough Vanilla Yogurt to cover and sprinkle it with granola. In Guate this was delicious mostly due to the fresh fruit. Here I don't know what makes it, maybe it's the granola I use but it is still as delicious as ever, even honey loves it.

So as a refreshing summer treat you can bet we'll be eating a lot of fruit with granola!

Some of Honey's cousins came to visit recently and we enjoyed reminiscing about old times. We use to spend a lot of time together but after moving we hardly ever see them anymore. We were able to take them on a tour of our home and then out for a wonderful dinner. We laughed until we hurt and it just felt good.

Of course I had to have a special treat, so I made GF brownies using the Betty Crocker mix and threw in a hand full of chocolate chips and caramel bits. OOOHHHH my they were delicious!

I'd like to introduce you to Don and Jan:



 MY favorite granola










My favorite brownie mix











Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: