Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins

It is time for vacation bible school once again and our VBS means food and fun along with a spiritual emphasis. This morning I was thinking about gluten free food, we have great cooks in our church but none of them cook gluten free. So during the time others are enjoying their breakfast casseroles and coffee cakes what would I eat? Last year I took bars and just had a drink and a bar but this year I decided to do something a little different. I have made my Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins and I will take one of them each day and maybe they'll have some fruit on hand that I can eat with it. You would think that I would get tired of a blueberry muffin everyday but not these, they are moist and wonderful and will be just right for the occasion. Make some for yourself and see what I'm talking about!


Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
Servings: 12

Ingredients:
2 cups biscuit mix; I use Pamela's baking and pancake mix
¾ cup plus 2TBLS sugar; divided
2 eggs
1 cup 8-oz. sour cream
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
enough whipping cream or milk to moisten

Instructions:
In a bowl, combine the baking mix and 3/4 cup sugar. In another bowl, combine the eggs and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in the blueberries. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar.

Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5-minuts before removing from pan to a wire rack.

Notes
Can sub other fruits for blueberrys

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: