Thursday, August 22, 2013

Gluten Free Chicken Chili Frito Pie

I grew up eating Frito Pie and love it. Not long ago I got on a kick and made some up and ate the whole thing. It was so good that I bought the ingredients to make more. I use Frito Pie as an easy lunch when there's nothing else in the house to eat. I use Hormel Chunky Chili, most Hormel Chili's are gluten free and how easy is that open a can and dump it! And you say you can't cook?

Recently while looking up my Hormel Chunky Chili with Beans I noticed that Hormel now has a series called Cook-Off, I read some of the ingredients and it appeared to be gluten free but I shied away from it. After I returned home I couldn't quit thinking about the White Chicken Chili with Beans so the next time I was at the store I bought some. Upon researching it I have found that it contains no gluten ingredients here's Hormel's statement. The following list of products may contain vinegar. This vinegar would normally be white distilled vinegar. Other types of vinegar are listed on the ingredient statement. While our sources indicate that these types of vinegar are gluten free, you will need to make your own determination on whether you want to use these products: 

I am so glad I bought it! I made a Frito pie using it and it was wonderful!! I will be buying more of this chili and I will be making more dishes using it!

Here's what I did:

Gluten Free Chicken Chili Frito Pie

1 can Hormel Chicken Chili with Beans
1 cup of Cheddar Cheese more or less if desired
1 cup Regular Fritos

Layer 1/2 the Fritos, 1/2 the Chili and cover this with cheese. I made two layers finishing off with cheese. Microwave for two minutes and you have yourself a meal!

To see the list of Hormel's Gluten Free Products click HERE!

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon! 

No comments: