Serve with a green salad and your favorite creamy dressing!
• 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
• 1 chopped red or yellow bell pepper
• 1 package taco seasoning mix (I used GF Pantry's taco seasoning mix)
• 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
• 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
• 1 16-ounce can refried beans
• 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
• 12 corn tortillas
Meanwhile, warm refried beans in a microwave-safe bowl or in a small saucepan. Spread 1/2 cup of the reserved sauce in the bottom of a pie, spring-form or cake pan. Layer with corn tortillas, about 3 1/2 per layer, tearing them to cover the bottom completely. Top with half the chicken mixture and 1/2 cup grated cheese. Top with more tortillas. Spread refried beans over top and sprinkle with 1/2 grated cheese. Repeat with another layer of the tortillas, and top with the remaining chicken mixture and 1/2 cup grated cheese. Top with one more layer of tortillas, the reserved sauce and another 1/2 cup of cheese.
Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until completely heated. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Note: You can add less beans, more cheese or whatever you like. It would also be good with a small onion sliced and cooked with the pepper
Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!