Saturday, August 31, 2013

Low Carb, Low Sugar Meatloaf

Meatloaf is one of our comfort foods and when Honey had to go sugar free I was bummed because all of my meatloaf recipes have brown sugar in them!

I craved a good meatloaf for awhile before attempting to make one. I pulled up low carb meatloaf and used several ideas to come up with my own. Some stuff theirs with different cheeses and prosciutto but that's just not us. When I make a meatloaf I want peas and cornbread or mashed potatoes (another thing I'm not able to cook).

So here goes my new meatloaf recipe.

I forgot to take a photos, sorry I'll add one at a later date!

Low Carb, Low Sugar Meatloaf

Tomato Topping:

1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
1/4 cup sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
2 teaspoons white vinegar or water
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Add Too:

2 pounds ground chuck (may use meat loaf mix with ground pork)
2 eggs
1/4 cup cornflakes, just to help hold the shape

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 1 hr and 15 min.
Mix the topping first and set to the side. Combine the meatloaf, eggs and cornflakes well then add on half of the tomato topping. Shape and place on grill pan and place in oven.
When your meatloaf begins to brown add the remaining tomato topping. Enjoy
Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: