Monday, September 9, 2013

Stewp


Have you ever heard of stewp? Have you ever eaten it?

Recently I wanted vegetable beef soup and Honey wanted stew. Since Honey's sugar has been high I've been cooking less with potatoes because it seems to shoot his sugar sky high. So I set out to make a thinker soup, stew type dish.

This is great for the cooler weather headed this way!

Here's how I made it. Add liquids etc as needed. I eyeballed everything so I'm not sure exactly how much I used.


Stewp

Ingredients:
2 TBS Chicken bullion granules
2 cups water
2 LBS Beef Steak (I use a cheap grade of steak for this)
1 can mild Rotel Tomatoes
2 ounces Tomato Paste
1-16 oz bag mixed vegetables
1-8 oz bag butter beans
1 pkg brown gravy mix

Cut up steak in bite size pieces while partially frozen, it's easier this way. Add water and bullion granules to a stock pat, add meat as you cut it up. Add Tomatoes to this and cook on med for 30 minutes. Add vegetables and tomato paste cook until done. Add gravy mix and cook until liquid is almost absorbed. Watch your water level you may have to add water at times.

We loved it and I hope you will too!

By the way Honey's sugar is under control and he appears to be doing great!

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: