Friday, September 13, 2013

Chicken Cream Cheese Enchiladas

Recently we had a Mexican themed meal for our girls night out at the church. Of course I made a casserole type dish so that I for sure would have something to eat. I didn't tell the girls it was gluten free but they are a smart group of ladies so I'm sure when they saw me eating it they knew. Although one friend did ask to be sure, it seemed she really liked it.

And now I have a new favorite Mexican dish. I have tried many and had favorites in the past but this has topped the cake. I think from now on it will be my all time favorite.

I forgot to take a photo since I was taking it off so when my grand-daughter came for a visit I made it again.  

I could just grab a fork and dig in with no leftovers.

Chicken Cream Cheese Enchiladas

Ingredients:

  • 2 chicken breasts boiled and shredded
  • 1 can gluten free cream of mushroom soup (I like Progresso Creamy Mushroom)
  • 1 brick cream cheese (softened)
  • 1/2 small can diced green chilies
  • 1 1/2 c. shredded REAL cheddar cheese
  • gluten free corn tortillas

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix first 4 ingredients, plus 1/2 c. of the cheese. In a 9 x 13 baking dish lightly grease the bottom of the pan with butter spray then pour enough of the chicken mixture to lightly coat the bottom. In each tortilla put about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll each tortilla and place into the pan seam side down. Once pan is full, pour enough mixture on top to make sure each tortilla is covered. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake for about 30 minutes.

Enough to share but if you don't want to grab a fork and dig in!

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

 

No comments: