I made a Coconut Cake for my daughter and family and no it was not gluten free. Since then I have been wanting a dessert sooo bad but due to weight gain I have refrained. Recently I came across a pumpkin cheese cake dessert and it sounded wonderful and easy with not too many calories so I decided to modify it a bit and make a parfait. This way it would be small and we could eat a little at a time. It was a hit. Neither honey nor I are a fan of pumpkin but we ate every bite of this, over a period of time of course. It was really good!!
Here's the way I made it.
Pumpkin Parfaitserves 6 to 8
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 1-ounce package sugar free cheesecake-flavored instant pudding mix (or 1/3 of a non-sugar free instant pudding may be used)
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 12-ounce container frozen whipped topping, plus extra for garnish if desired
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until light and creamy.
- Add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and pudding mix and beat until completely mixed, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure that all ingredients are well combined.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix again until well combined.
- Change your stand mixture attachment to the wire whisk. On slow speed, fold in the tub of Cool Whip until well combined.
- Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator for about an hour to firm up.
- Dip or pipe into your favorite tall class and add whipped topping for garnish if desired.