Thursday, February 12, 2015

Banana Mug Cake

Ok I admit it I am failing at this dieting thing. I eat and then think if I could just have ONE DESSERT this diet wouldn't be so bad.

So tonight after our great supper of Deer Steak in Gravy Over Rice, which will be featured in another blog, I noticed in my fruit bowl a banana that was really ripe and needed to be eaten or thrown out. A light bulb went off in my head, I could make a mug cake. YUM Maybe this dieting thing isn't so bad after all.

This only takes five minutes y'all and it is soo worth it.

Honey could not believe it only took 1 minute and 30 seconds to cook and it was gluten free to boot!  I plan to try some different types in the near future.

A easy perfect dessert with a cup of  coffee. If you're cutting back as we are share it and it's not bad at all.

Here's what I did and it was very flavorful and moist.

Gluten Free Banana Mug Cake

Ingredients:

4 tbsp. Gluten Free Bisquick Baking Mix or regular would work too.
4 tbsp. (packed) pure dark brown cane sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 large egg
3 Tbsp. milk of your choice
2 Tbsp. mashed banana
1 Tbsp. coconut oil (warmed past room temp to get liquid state)
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Directions:

Grease inside of large microwaveable mug and mix all ingredients very well with a fork. Microwave 1 minute and 30 seconds. (It will look like it it is overflowing but if you use a large mug it shouldn't. It will shrink back once cooling.) Let cool several minutes and devour!

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!


No comments: