Saturday, February 28, 2015

Mini Apple Pie

Honey's favorite dessert is homemade apple pie. We've been trying to eat healthier so I have not made one in a while. When planning something special for Valentines I decided that I wanted to make him a treat instead of buying one, so much better for you. I didn't want to make it gluten free because after all it was to be Honey's treat and not mine. So what better treat than his own personal Apple pie.

So after dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant Honey had Apple pie. I had one happy man for Valentines. 

He also made brownie points by buying me a piece of my favorite pottery by Etta B.

By the way you could easily make it gf, just used a gf pie crust and substitute corn starch for the flour.

Here's what I did:


Mini Apple Pie


Ingredients:
1 Pkg Pillsbury Prepared Pie Crust
2 Granny Smith Apples, quartered, peeled and thinly sliced
1 TBLS Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup Splenda
1/2 TBLS Flour
1/2 TBLS Cinnamon 
1/4 TSP Nutmeg
1 TBLS Salted Butter


Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375.
Cut pie crust to fit small plate. I used a pottery bowl. After placing in plate cut a few slits and pre-bake for about 5 minutes. Set to the side.
Peel and cut apples into small thin slices.
Place in a bowl and toss with lemon juice.
Combine spices and toss with apples.
Place in pie shell.
Slice butter thin and place over Apple mixture.
Either roll out left over pie crust or cut in strips and place over top of pie.
Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. 

Thanks for stopping by y'all and come again soon!

No comments: