Friday, April 1, 2011

People Hate the Gluten Free Movement REALLY?

I wasn't going to blog this because by now everyone probably knows about it right? Well, I can't get it off my mind so here goes.

As I set here thinking about the times that I do without while others are eating because I don't want to have the cramps, bloated stomach, intestinal problems and migraines that go with my eating gluten. Then I have a mal-functioning valve in my stomach that after being glutened always acts up and threatens to close. When this happens I live in severe stomach pain until I go have a small surgery to open it back up. And while I type I fight pain throughout my hands that is the results of some type of arthritis which I have discovered is just one more symptom of Celiac. As I live like this it makes me want to cry to read about a Chef out there who is feeding gluten to people on purpose to get even with them.

Please take the time and read this I wrote it by compiling the information from several blogs. You can read tons more by searching the topic.

Damian Cardone

Gluten free is bullXXX!! Flour and bread have been a staple of life for thousands, THOUSANDS of years. People who claim to be gluten intolerant don't realize that its all in there disturbed little heads. People ask me for gluten free pasta in my restaurant all the time, I tell em sure, Then I serve serve em our pasta, Which I make from scratch with high gluten flour. And you know what? nothing, NOTHING! ever happens! People leave talking about how good they feel gluten free and guess what, They just had a full dose! Idiots!


See the print screen of the Facebook Status from The Celiac Handbook

Here's his info on his profile...

Damian J. Cardone has apprienticed under Swiss, Master Chef Kurt Wigger. Damian was the Executive Chef at the Sopris Chalet, Restaurant, Aspen, Co. Executive Banquet Chef at the Tavern on the Green N.Y.C.

After apprenticing under Master Chef Kurt Wigger, Switzerland. Whom, was the last person to study under Du Franze, who was the last person on earth to study under Georges Agustus Esscoffier.
Spending time between Aspen and NYC. In 05 and 06, Damian upheld the position as the wedding/banquet Chef at the Tavern on the Green. Has appeared on Regis and Kelli, Project Runway, numerous P.B.S. segments. Personally cooked for Billy Crystal, Martin Short, Tom Hanks, Segourney Weaver, and George Clooney. Currently resides in Glenwood Springs Colorado as a private chef for hire. Who will hire him?

We talked with Florindo's head chef who says Cardone worked up until five days after his Facebook post. He also says any specialty request like people wanting gluten free products come personally through him. So Cardone switching the pasta just couldn't happen.

Gastroenterologists say some people are more affected by gluten than others, but no matter what, it's not a laughing matter to deliberately serve someone who can't handle gluten products.

The restaurant told us Cardone moved to New Jersey but didn't know where. A few hours after speaking with the restaurant's top chef, the Facebook post was removed.

Read more about those hating the gluten free movement here!

Regardless of where this Chef is or whether he really fed gluten to those with gluten intolerance or Celiac I would never knowingly eat at any restaurant where he works. This is one sick guy!

I'm sure he's not the only one who thinks that it's all in our little heads! Sorry I'm not a violent person but I'd love to slap people like that!

Ok, I'll shut up for now! Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: