Monday, February 27, 2012

Easy Beef Stew

I have been wanting beef stew for a while now. I use to make it with a roux or package mix and I didn't figure that I could come close gluten free so I have been afraid to try. Well after craving it for days I worked on coming up with a gluten free beef stew recipe.

It was very good it would have been better with onions but Honey is allergic to onions so this had to do.


Slow Cooker Beef Stew

Ingredients:
    •    2 lbs beef stew meat
    •    salt and pepper
    •    3 tablespoons vegetable oil
    •    1/3 cup  gf all-purpose flour
    •    5 potatoes, peeled and chopped
    •    4 carrots, peeled and chopped
    •    4 cups beef broth
    •    2 packets brown gravy mix
    •    2 TBLS tomato paste

Instructions:
    1.    In a large bowl, generously salt and pepper meat and stir with flour until meat is coated.
    2.    Heat oil in a large skillet and brown meat.
    3.    In the slow cooker crock, place potatoes on bottom, top with carrots, celery, browned meat, then onions on top.
    4.    In another bowl combine gravy packets and tomato paste with beef broth. Pour mixture into crock.
    5.    Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, stirring once in the last hour.


If you cook this on your stove top as I did watch it closely I had to add water during the cooking.

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon.

No comments: