Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Red Beans and Rice

What a lifesaver! I had cooked this the first of last week and when I went to sit with my grand-babies I took the leftovers with me. I was so busy at times with the babies that I took out a plate and heated some for my meal, it was so good I didn't mind at all! It was just as good leftover as it was the first time!

Red Beans and Rice

1 cup dried red beans
1 can pinto beans
4 pieces of bacon, fried & crumbled, save grease
1 small onion
1 pkg. link sausage, if not precooked fry and set aside
1/2 tbls. chicken stock granules
1/2 tbls. ham stock granules
salt and pepper if needed
4 cups water


Prepare you beans for cooking. Fry bacon and sausage and set aside. Saute onion in bacon grease. Drain dried beans when ready to cook and add stocks, water, bacon and onion with bacon grease. Cook until tender add can of pinto beans. Cook until super tender! Eat over a bed of rice with with your favorite corn bread recipe my recipe here!

Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: