My dad loves Coconut Cake and as much as I bake I could never find a coconut cake recipe (that I was willing to make) that he bragged on. For his birthday which happened to be the day before Easter I tried this recipe and was told it was the best one I have ever made. From now on this is my go to Coconut Cake recipe!
Daddy's Coconut Cake
- 1 box White cake mix
- 8 oz sour cream
- ¼ c Vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 8 ½ oz can Cream of Coconut
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 T milk
- 16 oz. Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 bags Fresh Frozen Coconut
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Use 2 9” pans that have been greased and floured.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients in a mixer except fresh coconut.
- Frost cake.
- Press coconut into sides and top of cake.
Note: You can make a few days ahead of time and freeze. Take it out to thaw at least 4 hours before you are ready to serve. You can also double recipe for a three layer cake.
Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!