Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Daddy's Birthday Coconut Cake


My dad loves Coconut Cake and as much as I bake I could never find a coconut cake recipe (that I was willing to make) that he bragged on.  For his birthday which happened to be the day before Easter I tried this recipe and was told it was the best one I have ever made. From now on this is my go to Coconut Cake recipe!

 Daddy's Coconut Cake

Ingredients:

Cake
  • 1 box White cake mix
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • ¼ c Vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 8 ½ oz can Cream of Coconut
Frosting
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 2 T milk
  • 16 oz. Powdered Sugar
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 2 bags Fresh Frozen Coconut

Instructions:

Cake
  1. Heat oven to 350°F
  2. Use 2 9” pans that have been greased and floured.
  3. Bake approximately 30 minutes at 350°F.
  4. Cool completely.
Frosting
  1. Mix all ingredients in a mixer except fresh coconut.
  2. Frost cake.
  3. Press coconut into sides and top of cake.
  4. Refrigerate

Note: You can make a few days ahead of time and freeze. Take it out to thaw at least 4 hours before you are ready to serve. You can also double recipe for a three layer cake.

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: