Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thacker Reunion and Elvis' favorite cake


I attended the "Thacker Family Reunion", with my Dad on Labor Day and we had a great time. There are many members of our family who are getting really old (like all families) and I cherish every moment I can spend with them. Here are a few photos of the day!



The Cloyd Thacker Family details below!



Dad's oldest brother John and his wife Nell on the right. Debbie in the middle is Uncle John's only daughter and this is her children. Darla with her finance Shawn standing behind her. Beside Shawn is Debbie's son Dustin. They all live in Georgie and due to schedules we do not get to see them often so it was fun getting caught up on what has been happening in their life.



Dad's brother Ray and one of his daughters (on left Darlenia) with her baby daughter (Kesha standing next to Pop), granddaughter (Emma) and their newest addition to the family (Sam).
I cut the other daughter out of the photo, the sun was very bright and I couldn't see a thing! SORRY CARLIA!!!!



This photo has Ray's youngest daughter (Carlia) on the far right. I cut Darlenia out of this one, I really need practice using a camera! Oh well.



Sam had too much to drink! :)
















I think Carla was telling Uncle John something gross, look as his face.



It was fun being together for something other than a funeral this was all of us except for my brother.

I didn't worry about a lot of food for the trip, they always have soooo much that I find many things I can eat. I made a "Elvis Cake" so that I would have a dessert and added some "Soy Joy" bars to my purse. That along with a bottle of water was all I needed. Oh, and I did stop and buy a cup of coffee on the drive up, to help me stay awake while driving.

Here is the recipe for Paula Dean's famous "Elvis Gooey Butter Cake".



"Elvis Gooey Butter Cake"
Servings: 20
Website:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/elvis-gooey-butter-cakes-recipe/index.html#

Ingredients
1 18-1/4 oz. pkg. Yellow Cake Mix (I use "Gluten Free Pantry's" yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 stick butter; melted
1 8-oz. pkg cream cheese; softened
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup peanut butter
1 whole banana
1 stick butter
1 16-oz. box powder sugar

Instructions :

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter together and mix well. Pat into a lightly greased glass 13 by 9-inch baking pan.

Prepare the filling.
Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla. Add the peanut butter; beat. Add the banana and butter and mix well. Add the powdered sugar and mix well. Spread over the cake mixture. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. You want the center to be a little gooey, so do not over bake.
Top each cake slice with a mint leaf and dollop of whipped cream.

This cake is wonderful but really rich, a little bit will do you! Have a cup of coffee on hand before you dive in.

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: