Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What was Elvis' favorite sandwich and can you make it gluten-free?



I can feel the excitement in the air. Fall is almost here and this is the weekend for the first MSU football game with our new coach and needless to say we ARE excited!

Sat, Sep 05 Jackson State Starkville 2:30 p.m. ESPNU
Sat, Sep 12 Auburn * Auburn, AL 6:00 p.m. FSN
Sat, Sep 19 Vanderbilt * Nashville, TN 6:00 p.m. FSN
Sat, Sep 26 LSU * Starkville TBA
Sat, Oct 03 Georgia Tech Starkville TBA
Sat, Oct 10 Houston (HC) Starkville TBA
Sat, Oct 17 Middle Tennessee Murfreesboro, TN TBA
Sat, Oct 24 Florida * Starkville TBA
Sat, Oct 31 Kentucky * Lexington, KY TBA
Sat, Nov 14 Alabama * Starkville TBA
Sat, Nov 21 Arkansas * Little Rock, AR TBA
Sat, Nov 28 Ole Miss * Starkville TBA

GO DAWGS!




Ben called last night to get a recipe off a pot-holder that he and Ashia had brought me from Graceland. I was reading it to him and I started craving this thing. I try not to eat late at night so I went to bed thinking, if I can make it through the night that's what I have for breakfast and I did just that!

The answer is......


YES


Elvis's favorite sandwich was "Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwiches" and I made it gluten-free this morning, it was great!




Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwiches

2 large bananas
6 slices of your favorite gluten-free bread
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1 cup peanut butter

Peel and mash bananas. Mix peanut butter with bananas thoroughly. Toast bread lightly and spread mix on bread. Melt butter in a skillet and brown sandwiches on each side slowly until golden brown. I garnished with a little powdered sugar. YUM YUM

What is your favorite sandwich and can it be made gluten-free?

No comments: