Saturday, August 29, 2009

When you can't decide what to cook............


I recently missed an important doctors appointment. I received a phone call Thursday afternoon to reschedule my follow up visit from my stomach surgery, it was on Monday and I had forgotten. After being put to sleep I never remember anything, not that I did before either. We call my palm my brain because if it's not in there it usually doesn't happen! The appointment never made it on my palm so I didn't show up.

I have had a hard time deciding what to cook lately; meal preparation has become a true chore. I use to watch Food Network all the time but quit because all I wanted to do was cook and eat. The cooking wasn't so bad but I was gaining weight because of the eating. So today I turned Food Network back on and watched several episodes then got up and cook a delicious supper. I had a roast seasoned with salt and pepper only baking in the crock-pot for my meat (pictured above). To go with it I melted 1/2 stick of butter in a baking dish and tossed in potatoes and carrots with salt, pepper and parsley for seasoning. I baked this until good and tender and then baked biscuits and made fried apples (recipe below) to go with them. I'm thankful for Food Network and I know Steve and the kids are too. If you ever have a hard time deciding what to cook just turn on Food Network, you will be inspired!

When you read this I'll be packed up and leaving for the Delta. We are moving equipment to begin harvest there this next week. I am traveling along in my car so that I can come home when I need to. My Dad and I plan to attend a family reunion in Alabama on Labor Day.


Fried Apples

Ingredients:
¼ c. butter
5 lg. granny smith apples; peeled, cored & sliced (or the apple of your choice here I used some leftover Fuji's and they were great)
1 c. sugar ( I didn't use this much sugar, it's your decision)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
Instructions:
Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Saute 15 to 20 minutes or until apples are tender.

A Great Big THANKS to all my Avon Customers!
I have made the final decision to stop selling Avon as of September 23 and Lena (Gauntt) Dawkins will be taking over my customers. This came after MUCH thinking and prayers because Avon does not fit in my future plans. For those of you I have serviced through the years THANK YOU! It has been fun.

No comments: