Thursday, August 13, 2009

Gluten-Free Oven Barbacue Baked Ribs & Southern Fried Okra


We are home from the Delta once again. I get confused because there are dear people in both of these communities so home for me truly is where the heart is and that's Macon/Inverness! Steve has been irrigating beans and cleaning up around the place and I cleaned up inside our castle (camper). I enjoyed updating everything on the internet that I needed to, my connection there was super fast and I miss it sooo much. They must have added a tower to the Inverness area or something, really guys I thought I was in a big city and I was sitting in a camper on our farm! :)


While in Inverness we frequently visit our favorite restaurant, "Hometown" not to mention it is the ONLY restaurant in the area! This trip Steve bought me a t-shirt that I will enjoy wearing in the days to come. Don't judge me until you have been there! It is like eating in the comforts of our own home, except for Steve won't allow me to wear my pajamas. Lol


Before we left Macon my Dad was visiting and he brought me some fresh vegetables out of his garden. I have listed two of the recipes below that I think you may be interested in, they were wonderful!

I cook these ribs pretty often and EVERYONE loves them This works with beef ribs as well as pork.




Oven Barbecued Ribs

Ingredients:
3-4 lbs. country style pork ribs
1 ½ cups water
1 cup ketchup
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
1 tbs. chilli powder
½ tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce optional
2 TBLS. brown sugar optional
2 TBLS. cider vinegar optional
1 TBLS corn syrup optional

Instructions:
Place ribs in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-minute. Drain ribs. Spoon sauce over top. Cover and bake for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover, bake 30 minutes longer, basting once with more sauce.



Southern Fried Okra
Ingredients:

Okra
buttermilk; sprinkle a small amount on Okra to moisten
all purpose flour (I use Bob Mills)
plain corn meal
Canola oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Wash and cut up the okra, let drain in a colander. Add oil to deep pan measure according to how much you are going to fry. You want enough to cover the okra. Put on medium to high heat. Mix dry ingredients well. Sprinkle okra with just enough buttermilk to give some moisture, don't put to much or it will be gummy, mix well. Sprinkle moist okra with dry mixture and toss to coat then spoon into hot oil. Fry until golden brown and ENJOY!!!!

This was so good, Ashia was there while I was cooking it and we snacked until I had to hide it so I would have enough for supper.

I hope there is something in this post you enjoy. Leave me a comment so I will know that you read it! Plleeaassee

No comments: