Monday, October 26, 2009

Harvest Festival with Gluten Free Cupcakes

Harvest resumes and the season brings changes.

Steve and Ben continue to fight their way through the field of beans in order to get them in the bins to sell at a later date. Steve just finished up harvesting in the Delta and has moved the combine to Macon to help Ben finish harvesting here.We are due to have more rain on Tuesday so I feel as though we are running a race with time. It's such a relief to know that God is in control.


I recently made bread and cupcakes (thanks to my sister-in-law Vanessa who gave me a "The Gluten Free Pantry" mix). The bread will be used at home but I took the cupcakes to a harvest festival in Macon. My friends at FUMC are always amazed at how good my gluten free food really is, I hardly ever have leftovers when I carry things to share with them. I have to admit though this mix is just not as good after trying the "Betty Crocker" cake mixes.


We (Ashia and I) took Austin to her first festival on Sunday afternoon. It was fun showing her off to our friends who had not had the chance to meet her.


I am so excited after harvest we will be able to go relax at the MSU men's basketball games. We are so please that once again we are getting season tickets. For those of you who have never been to a college men's basketball game, it is VERY HARD to get tickets. The season tickets for men's basketball are sold to those who have the most points. The point system is based on prior ticket purchases, contributions and consecutive years you have been involved in sports. Every year we feel blessed that we once again can attend the MSU Men's basketball games! GO DAWGS

No comments: