Monday, October 12, 2009

"Tasty Kitchen" favorite recipes from real kitchens and Oatmeal Scotchies

I recently received an e-mail from a friend telling me to look into this website for gluten free recipes. I was really impressed by the quality of the web page and wanted to share it with you.

When you become a member (it’s free!) of Tasty Kitchen, it opens up a whole world of fun. Communicate with other members via Wire posts or direct messages, or use your Windows Live ID to enable the ability to chat, one-on-one, with other users. Browse members’ common interests—music, hobbies, and favorite foods—and become friends with other Tasty Kitchen users you enjoy.

Submit your very best recipes so the community can give ‘em a try. A good photo is helpful but not required. I’ll rate user recipes myself and feature great recipes on the front page. I can’t wait to see what everyone has to offer!

As you try out recipes on Tasty Kitchen, be sure to come back and rate them; it helps other folks who will read the recipe in the future…and besides, it’s fun to click on the little red rating mitts. Leave reviews/comments, too. This is your community! New site functionality will be added all the time: a Tasty Kitchen blog is coming soon, as well as archives for the Featured recipes you see on the front page. As always, let me know anytime you see something that could use tweaking. I want this to work for everyone.

See you in the Kitchen,
Pioneer Woman

So sign up and ask to be my friend gracefullyglutenfree!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/categories/gluten-free/

blog address:
http://www.belleofthekitchen.blogspot.com

Ok, so I've shared a new find and now I want to get right down and get honest. Have you ever made something NOT gluten-free but wanted it so bad that you thought, "I'll just eat one, maybe it won't hurt me?". Recently I had my daughter and newest grand-baby visiting me due to bad weather. I had planned on transposing my favorite cookie recipe "Oatmeal Scotchies" to gluten-free that day so I continued with my plan. My daughter (Ashia) and I were tasting the butterscotch morsels when she asked, "Mom can you eat these?" My answer was, "I'm sure I can" as I turned the package over and began reading ingredients. About half way through my reading I noticed the word barley and then I said, "well it says it has barley but I"m going to eat a cookie anyway because one cookies won't have many chips in it. Ashia said, "MMMOOOMMMM" and I realized she was right, there would be a lot of chips in each cookie and I would get sick. So in anguish and moving the slowest I have EVER moved I went and put up my gluten free ingredients (I didn't want to waist them) and got out the real deal to make MY favorite cookies for my family. :( Has that ever happened to you? If so share some of your experiences with me.

Here is MY FAVORITE cookies recipe but I didn't transpose it since my butterscotch chips were not gluten free. Be my guest and transpose if for me, just send me a copy!! PLEASE



Oatmeal Scotchies


Ingredients

  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or grated peel of 1 orange
  • 3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
  • 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels

Directions:

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

PAN COOKIE VARIATION:
Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.

Remember if you transpose it send me a copy!! PLEASE!!!!!

No comments: