Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Saturday football & a bowl of homemade Chili



Over the weekend we gathered at Ben and Ashia's to listen to our favorite football team and oh what a doll Austin was. She's learning early, she screamed and cheered and I have photos to prove it! =)



I was so excited it had finally cooled off and I was able to make Chili for Ben, Ashia and I one afternoon. My family doesn't eat soups during hot weather so that is one of the things I look forward to, fall weather and homemade soups! Mmmm It gives me more options for a meal.

 Classic Beef Chili
Servings: 6

Ingredients:
1 pound lean hamburger
1 sweet onion; chopped
2 cloves of garlic; finely chopped
1 TBLS. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 14-oz can tomato sauce
1 15-oz can red kidney beans; drained and rinsed
1 10 oz can mild tomatoes with chilies
1 4 oz can tomato paste
½ cup water; warm

Instructions:
Cook beef and onion together, drain. Add chili powder and cumin. Stir to combine. Combine tomatoes. beans, and tomato paste in slow cooker. Stir in beef mixture, cover and cook until flavor blends well. About 1 hour.

Being southern I always make "My Favorite Corn Bread" recipe to go with any soup.

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: