Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Enter to win gluten free merchandise and have a look at my chocolate while you are doing it!

Since our trip to New Orleans I have gained two pounds needless to say when thinking about baking for Christmas I decided that nothing would be gluten-free. If I don't make it gluten free then I won't eat it, right?

Today I started making a few treats for the family. First I made chocolate covered pretzels and they are gluten free I felt this would be ok because how many chocolate covered pretzels would one eat at a time? I'll have to tell you later!

Then I had some chocolate left over and a friend called and said that one of his favorite things this year has been the chocolate covered Ritz with peanut butter. So I used my left over chocolate and made a few. These are not gluten free so no temptations there.


 My ultimate treat, but I didn't make these, I bought them in New Orleans to share and they are WONDERFUL!!!!

I hope the family enjoys them!

Ok, you must read below, this is from my friend Karen Broussard over at the Gluten Free Travel site.

IMG_6896 If you haven't already, please sign up to receive our free monthly e-letter, "Like" us on Facebook, and "Follow" us on Twitter. Besides being great ways of keeping on top of the latest gluten-free dining and travel updates, joining our online community in any of these three ways will automatically enter you in our end-of-the-month drawing to win a T-shirt, shorts, or sweatpants with the slogan, "These Buns Are Gluten Free!" We'll give three items away -- one to a new Twitter follower, one to a new fan on Facebook, and one to a new subscriber to our free monthly e-letter. Wear them with pride or give them to a gluten-free friend with a sense of humor!

On a separate note, be sure to also cast your vote in our annual "World's Most Celiac-Friendly Destination" contest by submitting a review for your favorite "gluten-free friendly" restaurant in your area -- or your favorite restaurant, hotel, or resort you've discovered while on vacation. The geographic location with the most review submissions by the end of the year will be our winner. Last year it was Orlando, Florida, due to the large number of review submissions we received for the Disney parks and resorts, as well as the surrounding area which is home to many family-friendly chain restaurants offering gluten-free menus. In 2008, New York City won, in large part because of the many independent restaurants throughout Manhattan that have eagerly embraced the gluten-free community.


Thanks for stopping by ya'll!!!

No comments: