Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Swensen's Chicken Noodle Soup Both Regular and Gluten Free

During Thanksgiving I made "Swensen's Chicken Noodle Soup" for my family for lunch one day. Since then Honey has asked me to make more several times but I declined because it makes a lot and I didn't have the ingredients to make it gluten free. Today Honey took me to our local "The Living Diet" store to buy pasta for some homemade chicken noodle soup.

I remember eating ice cream at Swensen's when I was a child. I always thought that their ice cream was the best and could not imagine them having anything else so good. If I had only know I bet I would have paid them more visits during the cold weather months.

That's all water under the bridge but I am so glad to now know about their soup and to be able to convert it to gluten free. Ya'll it is great, I just ate a bowl and may go back for more.

I cut the gluten free recipe down because Honey and I can't eat as much as my whole family.


Swensen's Chicken Noodle Soup Converted to Gluten Free

Ingredients:
2 qts. water

Orrington Farms Chicken Flavored Broth Base, adjust to your taste

3/8 tsp. Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 ½ Green Onion finely chopped and sautéed in butter 
(8-ounce) of your favorite gluten free ribbon style pasta
1 can cream of chicken soup (I use Great Value brand)
1 c. white chicken breast; cooked and shredded


Instructions:
Bring water to a boil. Add bouillon and all seasonings. Add noodles and cook until tender. Add cream of chicken soup, green onions and chicken cook until hot through and through Makes 2 quarts.

For those who can have gluten:

Swensen's Chicken Noodle Soup
Servings: 10
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Source: Mississippi Magazine

Ingredients:
1 gallon water
¾ jar (2.25-ounce) chicken bouillon; granulated
¾ tsp. Lawry's Seasoned Salt
½ tsp. garlic salt
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. black pepper
(8-ounce) extra-broad egg noodles
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
½ Tbs. butter
1 c. white chicken breast; cooked and; shredded
1 ½ green onions; finely chopped

Instructions:
Bring water to a boil. Add bouillon and all seasonings. Add noodles and cook until tender. Add cream of chicken soup. Saute' green onions in butter in saucepan. Add to mixture. Add cooked chicken, then stir well and serve. Makes 1 gallon.

So whether you can or can not eat gluten here is a great soup recipe just for you! Let me tell ya you will love it!!! Try it and let me know your thoughts!

No comments: