Friday, September 16, 2011

German Chocolate Cupcakes

The last time I posted this recipe was last fall when I made it as a Bundt Cake. As a cake it was sooo moist that it fell apart. As I was thinking about the dessert to take to a family reunion I thought of this one but knew that it would be a terrible mess plus a sight to behold. I would hate for something this wonderful not to be eaten due to what it looked like.  So I had a brain storm, what about making it into cupcakes? Ohhh they are delishious as a matter of fact I have eaten way too many and my husband who does not have to eat gluten free loves them.

By the way the family reunion was cancelled due to Hurricane Irene's making landfall and spawning tornadoes all over Alabama. So now what do I do with 20 cupcakes that are wonderful, EAT THEM of course.

So now I want to share my recipe with you once more....


Gluten Free German Chocolate Cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 package Betty Crocker GF Chocolate cake mix
1 can Betty Crocker coconut pecan frosting
4 eggs
1 c. oil
½ c. water
1 (6-ounce) package milk chocolate chips
1 c. pecans; coarsely chopped

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix all ingredients together by hand and pour into a well-greased bundt pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes.

To decorate the top I made a simple glaze and sprinkled them with coconut and then another time frosted them with milk chocolate frosting. Feel free to decorate them anyway you want.

 Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: