Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce

I have been craving pasta but did know exactly what I wanted. The usual spaghetti, lasagna etc didn't appeal to me so I ventured out and tried something I have never made before. I took at recipe from allrecipes.com and tweaked it to be what I felt I wanted. Steve is allergic to onions and garlic and I wanted something he could eat. By the way it's hard to make an Italian dish without onions or garlic. So here is what I did and I LOVED IT! Now for Steve his words were, "I like it but I can tell not as well as you." Uggg

I paired this with a chicken breast and it was a meal.


Tomato-Cream Sauce for Pasta
  taken from Allrecipes and adapted to fit our diet

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
3/4 teaspoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS:
Add first seven ingredients to a sauce pan. Bring to boil and continue to boil 5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in whipping cream and butter. Reduce heat and simmer 5 more minutes.

Add over your favorite pasta and enjoy!


Thanks for visiting y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: