Monday, July 15, 2013

Another Challenge is Placed Before Me!

Just when I think my life is getting easier and that I have conquered gluten free cooking another challenge is placed before me!


Honey has been feeling bad for a couple of weeks now, I have begged him to call his doctor but he felt that he knew what was going on and he would be fine until his regular appointment. His appointment was last Friday and his sugar was sky high, they talked about admitting him to the local hospital to get it regulated but decided that he could come home if he would rest and monitor it closely. What they did not know is that Honey had been eating whatever he wanted because he felt that the medicine he was taking would take care of it. Because of my diet I've told him many times that one day he might regret not watching his sugar closer but he disagreed. Now he has no choice, I think this has scared him enough to take action. Praise the Lord everything is better now, maybe we are getting it under control we just need to learn how to keep it there.

Honey has lost around 40 pounds and that in itself has scared me but he has been cutting back, now we think this too has taken a tole on his sugar. 

Yesterday we grocery shopped sugar free style and gluten free style. MAN we are going to be doing without a lot more and we were already limited. I mean I can cook a meal for each and I love to cook but people one meal at a time please!

So now we need education for diabetics, what to eat and not to eat, how much to eat, when to eat, the list goes on and on!

If you know where to get much needed information on living as a diabetic please comment and let me know. 

I will be trying a gluten free, sugar free healthy cookie recipe this afternoon I'll let you know how it turns out. We are planning a little trip soon and I want to be able to take some with us.

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!



No comments: