Friday, July 26, 2013

Corn Beef Hash made with leftover baked potatoes

I hate to throw anything away, I guess it comes from the way I was raised and living in Guatemala for years. It really bothers me to waist food that's one reason when I find something gluten free that I love I stick with it.

We had a ladies event last night and had a lot of leftover baked potatoes. I talked some of the ladies into taking some home but ended up bringing two home myself. With Honey's high sugar he didn't need to eat them but he left for the hills today so I decided to make something of them while he was gone.

Throughout the day I was thinking about different ways I could use my potatoes and one way just made my mouth water. Honey doesn't like corn beef and I keep a can because I was raised on corn beef hash and corn beef sandwiches and sometimes I just crave the things of my childhood.

I have battled a bad headache all day so I didn't want to cook anything difficult, I hate to cook for one person anyway.  So this sounded like what I needed at the moment.

Here is how I used my potatoes and it was great. I have enough for several meals so I'm sure I'll finish it sometimes tomorrow.

Corn Beef Hash

1 large onion, chopped
1 can plain corn beef
2 large baked potatoes, chopped into bite size pieces
2 TBS olive oil
Black pepper to taste

Saute onion in oil until slightly done and beginning to brown. Add corn beef and potatoes and mix well. Allow to cook until brown and enjoy.

Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon!

No comments: