Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Another Fantastic Meatloaf

I love meatloaf but this was a first. When I first saw that people use milk and oats in their meatloaf I wasn't hip on the idea but today I felt adventurous and decided to try it. All it could do was fail and it's not like that's never happened before. It didn't fail and I will be making it again! We loved it...


Another Fantastic Meatloaf

Ingredients:

  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • ¾ cup evaporated milk
  • 1 cup oatmeal, uncooked (I used gluten free oats)
  • 3 finely chopped green onions
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tablespoons parsley flakes (I use Penzey's brand)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • ½ teaspoon oregano
  • ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 lbs. ground beef or venison (I used venison)
  • ½ cup ketchup
  • 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons dry mustard

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl combine eggs and milk; stir in oatmeal, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Add beef or venison; mix lightly
  3. I place mine on a grill pan and baked for 45 minutes. While loaf is baking, in a small bowl combine ketchup, sugar, and mustard; spread over meat after 45 minutes and bake for 15 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into slices.
Thanks for stopping by y'all and please come again soon! 

No comments: