Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Superbowl Sunday with recipes

I have been waiting some time now for the perfect day to make Red Beans and Rice. Recently I was in the cooking mood so I made them for our supper and took them to Ben and Ashia's so that Ben could enjoy them with us. Ashia doesn't eat any type of bean so she made herself a pizza instead. It was the perfect food for a cold rainy night. I also made corn bread, not from my favorite recipe but from a mix I had on hand. It was good but we still like mine a lot better. 

Red Beans and Rice

2 cups dried red beans
4 pieces of bacon, fried and crumbled, save grease
1 pkg. of your favorite sausage, fry and set aside
1 tbls. chicken stock granules
salt and pepper to taste
5 cups water


Prepare you beans for cooking. Fry bacon and sausage and set aside. Drain beans when ready to cook and add chicken stock, water, bacon and bacon grease. I cook mine for hours until they are very done and thick.


For Superbowl Sunday we went to Ben and Ashia's and watched the game with friends. Ben was in DC but made it home by the end and in time to eat, the most important thing right? 


I took a great sausage dip. Well, it is usually great but this time I used a different type of sausage than I normally do and I did not like it. Oh well, here is the recipe just be sure to use a sausage you really like, believe me it matters. :(




Sausage Dip
 

Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground sausage
1 8-oz. pkg cream cheese
1 16-oz. carton sour cream
1 10-oz. can Ro-tel tomatoes
4 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese 


Instructions:
Brown sausage; drain. Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, Ro-tel and cheese. Put all in crock and cook until is melted and well blended. Keep hot and serve with Frito Scoops.



I also made chocolate cupcakes of course all was gluten free but they were really good. I love Pamela's mixes for a quick fix, you can buy them at any Kroger and they good.


Here are some photos from our game night.


 
 Austin was shown more attention than the game.


  
 But, she didn't mind!


 
What a great little helper.


 
Needless tweeting.....


  
 Something to do when you are bored.

We had a fun time and I was happy with the outcome although NOT everyone was! :(

No comments: