Thursday, February 25, 2010

"Swat" did it and I was there.

I know, I was there, I saw it with my own eyes.

Jarvis Varnado owns the national record for blocked shots. Block No. 8 came with 4:26 to play in a game against Alabama Crimson Tide which makes it 536 blocks so far in his career. He now owns the title over Wojciech Myrda (Louisiana-Monroe 1998-02)  who had 535 blocks in his career. Go HERE to read all about it! He is the first player ever to make 1000 pts, 1000 rebounds and 500 blocks.


Also, Barry Stewart has overtaken Darryl Wilson atop MSU's career 3-pointers list.

One of the neatest things about this career breaking night is Jarvis and Barry have roomed together for four years now as they have played for MSU. They are both seniors and both broke these records on the same night. What about them Dawgs?

I wish I could thank the Refs for the job they did to contribute to this great night! Good job Refs!!!

Here are a few photos from the night!
 
Jarvis making his free throws!


look at the score board


Bully leads a cheer while we wait.


Greg Burns addresses the crowd


Barry Stewart accepting his reward


Jarvis accepting his reward and hugging his family


An emotional moment.


The morning after the game I woke up with one of my bad sinus headaches, Steve was gone so I got up and ate a little and took an Excedrin. I was resting and trying to get it to ease off when Ashia called wanting me to come help with Austin for a little while, it seems they had a really rough night. So here I am loving on my Punkin and looking forward to loving on my baby boy soon!


 
After a quick nap she played a while.
This is what Grand-mothers are for! :)

No comments: