Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Visiting with Friends Gluten Free style

We spent the end of last week on the farm helping out B. During this time A and I enjoyed some shopping. We had to buy things to get ready for punkin's 1st birthday! I can't believe she will be one before we know it and I also wanted to buy a few things for the house. Wouldn't you know I had the money and the plan but did not buy one thing! Uggg Either I didn't find exactly what I had in mind, or I talked myself right out of it! I'm going here in Greenwood soon and buy some of these items!






I just read where the filming of "The Help" began while I was at the farm. Does that mean that life will change for us living here? I think so but it will be a good thing. I am almost finished reading the book and it is really good and getting better all the time. I'll have to let you know the end results!




 
I recently purchased the following items at one of our local grocery stores. I have ate some of the Cookie Crisp but have not tried the other two. When you live in the South where a lot of GF things are not available and you find new things it's like Christmas! You may want to shop for them here!

Hamburger Helper Asian Helper Beef Fried Rice, 5.8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6) Cookie Crisp Sprinkles Cereal, 12.2-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)


Here are photos of our friends who we met in Tuscaloosa. We worked with this family in a mission in Guatemala and they are great people. It was so much fun to be able to meet with them and visit around lunch. We miss all of our friends.

Anna and I, better known to me as Maria. Sorry girl Anna just does not seem right! We have shopped a many a grocery store in Guatemala and now we both eat Gluten-Free! Every time I watch a basketball game on TV which is quiet often I think of Sid and Maria. We watched games with them back then and little did I know that one day I would be a basketball fanatic. To read more about Maria click HERE!


Shelby, Andrea and Rebecca. I remember when Shelby was born in Guate. I took tons of photos of her because I didn't believed that God would again create a child so beautiful. And he may not have until I had grand-children! Sorry Shelby one day you'll understand.


Ashia with Austin and Alicia with one of her sons Samuel. A where did Aaron go during this one? Alicia and A attended school together in Guate. She is the baby of Maria's three girls.



Austin was only interested in EATING!

What a beautiful family who we feel blessed to have known! Thanks guys for the visit!

Honey and I also had a visit with his sister and brother-in-law from Indiana. We enjoyed being able to show them our new home. Thank you guys for coming!!

No comments: